Orkla – Temperature Reduction
Technomelt Supra 100 Cool Case Study
Application: Case and Carton Sealing for powder soups and sauces
Adhesives: 3 different adhesives: 2EVA, 1mPo
Machine: A mix of tank-based systems with and without automatic feeding
- Optimal processing properties showing clean and precise application without stringing
- Lower adhesive consumption
- High adhesion properties and suitable for deep freeze
- Energy savings for application equipment and also the air conditioning in production area
- Increase operator safety by reducing risk of severe burns (application temperature from 180°C to 100°C)
- Energy consumption (including air conditioning) was 1.2 kW/h when running at 180°C, now 0.7 kW/h achieving 42% energy reduction.
- A glue volume reduction of 21% from 50 tonnes per year to 39.5 tonnes
- Spare parts, the life expectancy for machine parts was doubled meaning a 50% reduction on spares purchased
- Processing properties, no stringing at all and zero adhesive related line stoppages since introduction
- No adhesive related health and safety incidences since introduction
- Machine start up time reduced from 50 minutes down to 20 minutes
We can help.
Contact our glue specialist today.